Friday, April 29, 2011

The Avett Brothers


Today I went to Jazz Fest to see the Avett Brothers.  First let me impress upon y'all the fact that I moved one of my exams in order to go see them, I have another final tomorrow, and I just don't do those kind of things.  School always comes first for me, but not before the Avett Brothers apparently!  And it was 150% worth it.  


I pushed my way up further than I normally would in the crowd.  As soon as the other band was off the stage I was pushing my way against the crowd with the best of 'em for my spot!  Even  though their lyrics can be the sweetest, most honest and heartfelt things, they have such an awesome energy on the stage!  


This story I'm about to tell, is what will keep me a diehard fan for the rest of my life.  First remember that I named this blog after an Avett Brothers song (which they played, by the way).  After their first song or two someone in the crowd yelled "I love you!" to the band, and Seth Avett responded, "Thanks, we love y'all too!"  He sort of said it as he was turning to the rest of the band before they started to play another song and when the crowd chuckled a little bit he turned back to the mic and said, "No I'm serious.  When someone says they love you, that's something you can't ignore."  

That is the epitome of why I love the Avett Brothers.  This sentiment is at the heart of all their lyrics, and the basic concept of this blog: you can't ignore love.  

(Photos from the Avett Brothers website)

No comments:

Post a Comment