Sunday, January 9, 2011

Stop, Live, and Change the World

Wow it's been quite a while since I've posted anything.  I wish I could say I was spending my time in some exotic location, too busy to even pick up my camera or open my computer.  The truth is sadly lacking.  Somehow being home completely takes away my motivation to do anything remotely productive, and I spend days reading, cleaning my room, or organizing CD collections (my present to my dad for Christmas).  For me, college break = vacation and vacation = an excuse to stay in my pyjamas all day long.  Especially when it's cold outside.  And it was cold this December.

So here are two photos that relate to some of my resolutions for this year.  


I absolutely adore this one.  I was walking past this sign when I looked up and happened to notice the small "change the world" sticker.  And it's so true.  We all need to stop for a second and find out what we want to do in life, and find a way to make the world a better place by doing it.  Even if you're only changing a few little things about your world, your environment, you still make an impact on those around you.  


And this little tree makes me so hopeful.  I love the absolute vitality, vibrance, and stubborn will to live that plants possess.  This tree kept growing and growing, never mind those power lines, and when, for whatever reason, this tree was eventually cut, slated for death, it just wouldn't give up.  That tiny little branch full of leaves is all that remains of what was once, I'm sure, a beautiful tree, but it's still alive.  Anyway, this is less a resolution, and more of a general life goal: always live to the fullest, in spite of your circumstances, and never, never, never give up.  

No comments:

Post a Comment