Saturday, August 21, 2010

Perfection in a Chinese Take-Away Box

If you've never been to New Orleans and had a real snowball, you really don't have a clue.  No, snowballs are not like snowcones.  They are in a league of their own - the most divine combination of shaved ice drenched in homemade sugary syrups.  In the 6 days I've been in town I've already had 4 snowballs.  I think I can safely say that they are my favorite dessert (or dinner as the case may be) and the fact that you can only get them in season makes them just that much more delicious.  It's a little embarrassing, but my friend and I are such frequent customers that we even get discounts.  My personal favorite is Plum Street Snowballs because I'm such a fan of the Orchid Cream Vanilla (world's best flavor) but it's hard to come by a bad snowball in the wonderful, beautiful, exotic Crescent City.



The next best thing about being back in New Orleans is the gorgeous clouds.  They were especially spectacular from the Walmart parking lot this afternoon.  It's amazing to me how beauty truly is all around you, if only you take the time to look.  






No comments:

Post a Comment